YA recomendations

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Where I buy books

 I thought that I would mention all of the places that I get my books.

The Library:
My favorite place to buy books is the discarded library book room at my local library. Yes, you heard right. It's a whole room. So what if it's small and can only fit about 3 adults in there at a time. It's a whole room. I have found so many great YA books there. I have to deal with the library binding, but for 50 cents per book I am good with peeling stickers.

Paperbackswap
 I love this site. It is an online book swap site the member ship is free. You also don't have to swap with one specific person which I loved. You put all of the books that you don't want on your books shelf and when someone requests one of your books you mail it at your expense.  Then when they receive the book you get a credit to spend anywhere on the site. It's great. They also have paperbackswap marketplace. You can buy some really great books for really great prices. Some are a better price on Amazon, but I bought my hardback copy of "Paper Towns" by John Green there with shipping for $5.00
 http://www.paperbackswap.com/home.php


Goodwill
My local thrift stores are a great place to find books. The Goodwill is my favorite. Kids and Teen books are 78 cents, pocket book paperback's are 99 cents, bigger paper backs are 1.99 and hard covers are 2.99.

Half Price Books 
I love to buy at Half Price Books but don't ever try to trade in books. It is insulting. They only offered me 20% of the price that they would have sold the books for. I laughed at the guy when he told me his offer for my books. I'll never do that again.


Amazon
Great place to buy hardcover books. They are usually half the price of the list price. They also have the Amazon Market Place. Shipping is always 3.99 but when the seller lists the book for under a dollar you can't really beat the price.
http://www.amazon.com/


Ebay
Occasionally I will find a good deal on Ebay. Most of the time the price for used books on ebay are the same if not more then the brand new price on Amazon though. I find this mostly with YA books. I did find my hardback copy of "Heist Society for under 5.00 shipped on Ebay, like I said, you will occasionally find a good deal.


That is pretty much where I find my books.
Happy reading,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment