YA recomendations

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"The Truth About Forever"

 Book review of "The Truth About Forever" by Sarah Dessen
 http://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Forever-Sarah-Dessen/dp/0142406252/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304550290&sr=1-3-catcorr

I have 9 Sarah Dessen books. Yes that would be 9 and for some reason I have not read any of them until now. They have been sitting on my shelf even though everyone in the entire book world talks about her. I received each one, said "Aw what a pretty cover" and set it on my shelf. I would find another one, order it, and would I read it? No " Aw pretty cover" then on the shelf it went.
  I received my ninth book by her in the mail yesterday. After admiring the cover I was about to place it home where the rest of her book reside when I gave a slight pause. I realized that I was between YA books and figured it was about time I read one of hers. I looked over all the tittles and decided on this one, the thickest one I had.
  Why did I wait so long? Don't you hate when you finally get to a book that has been sitting on your shelf for a year, read it, and it is the most fantastic book ever? All the other books that could never compare to said book play through your mind and you actually get mad at yourself for wasting your time on such crap. " I could have been reading "The Truth About Forever" instead of...
   If you haven't gathered yet how I felt about  this book I can make it a little clearer.  I loved this book.
  I really did. I wasn't surprised, I knew that it would be good. Let me remind you that I owned 9 books of an author before I had even read one paragraph of her writing. I just assumed that I would love her.
  I am taking it apon myself to give her the title "Queen of Contemporary YA Fiction" it's a mouthful I know, but she has earned this tittle. Book after book of fantastic writing and a huge fan base is proof that she is the best. Granted I have only read one of her books so far but if her other books are anything like this one, which I'm guessing will be the case, she is my new favorite.
  The book was full of lovable characters, with the exception of a few that I loved to hate, and fantastic story. I laughed, cried, and fell in love along with the characters. Miss Dessen's writing really drew me in from the first word and held me until the very last. The way she tells a story had me pausing just to take it in. I would close my eye's and replay it in my mind. That's what really made this book great. Those little moments.
  I look forward to all of her other books and am excited that I don't have to wait so long before I can read another one of her books just as so many long time fans have had to.

5 star book.
Happy reading,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment